Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oh my is the weekend really half over?

I have to brag on the boy today.  He ran his second 5K ever today and came in 57th out of 255 people - MOSTLY adults that are either cops or firemen!  I am so proud.  His father even came and ran with him.  It's been nice to actually get along with my ex and to see him TRYING for the boy.  Makes a huge difference.

We've been working on lots of home projects lately.  Pictures will be up soon.  Creating a kitchen island right now then will be redoing all the cabinets in the same color.  My redneck girl is building herself a HUGE ASS smoker.  We'll be able to cook a whole damned pig. 

Damn, we are rednecks, aren't we?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your boy for his amazing run! kudos to his Dad for being there too.

    would be great to see the smoker once it's done, funny thing, I was pondering the possibilities of building one in the near future just today, it was somewhat a fleeting thought, maybe I'll find the motivation to build one eventually, course I'll require wifey's approval first, she gets nervous when I get to pondering lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butch - I will post some pictures soon.
    I understand your wife's nervousness - I feel the SAME sometimes lol.

    ReplyDelete