Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My child amazes me.  At what age do we lose that resiliency that allows them to just go on?  Watching him at football practice tonight it just overwhelmed me to see him excelling.  I think if I were in his position, I'd be in the fetal position in a dark closet.  Yet, there he is, kicking ass and taking names. 
Would his father have been at practice if he were still here?  Nope.  Probably not.  To my boy though, he was there tonight.  I also see him connecting with his coaches and getting that male attention that he so badly needs.  The attention he's ALWAYS needed. 
I just adore him and I hope this makes him a stronger, more focused, more resilient adult.

1 comment:

  1. Children I feel sometimes.. are more resilent. I dont know if it's the lack of life experience or God's way of pulling us out of our own butt at times... speaking from experience. My daughter lost her dad three years ago suddenly as well. She was 13 at the time. I feel your pain. You feel guilty for feeling that gut renching pain when you have moved on and "How dare you stares" from the "ignorant-side-taking friends" that you had long forgot through the divorce/breakup but like ever wound it eventually heals.. it just takes time and alot of faith because you have to do what your son's daddy would want you to do, to persevere and be the rock that your son is going to need you to be. I suggest conseling for both of you guys and alot of prayer.

    ReplyDelete