Friday, July 22, 2011

The battle has been won and life moves on.

Curly Sue has started asking for things.  HALLELUJAH!

On to other items.  

My redneck girl's grandma is in the last stages of her life and ready to move on.  Shes 93 and has lived a good life.  Of course, that doesn't make it any easier.  We are anticipating nastiness from three certain members of her family when we attend the inevitable funeral.   Close-minded, homophobic, irrational, slightly unhinged.....all good descriptors of certain people that we will be encountering.  To her credit, my girls is PISSED.   It took 7 months but she's finally flipped her internal switch from "I did this" to "Dude, ASSHOLE!?!?"  I am so glad to see it. 

In better news, the boy is coming home next week!! He's been with his dad 22 days.  My mom and I are heading down to get him on Friday.  SO READY. 

2 comments:

  1. some of the best advice I ever got was "get pissed. that's what you do. and then you move on." I'm so glad she is one step closer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting pissed has gotten me through a LOT in life. Keeps you from being stuck in that mire of self-pity. She didn't do anything to them. Don't even get me started!

    ReplyDelete