Tuesday, July 26, 2011

End of semester blues

Last night was the final exam in my summer class.  It is always difficult to end a class that's so much FUN.  This whole class just clicked.  I enjoy teaching so much  more when the students are willing to discuss and banter.  Not to mention, I personally knew over half the class.  Welcome to small town living!

Three more days till my baby is home.  This has been the longest month of my life.  My son should never be this far from me.  Well, I suppose when he goes to college, it will be ok.  But not at TEN!!!!  I will never understand how so many fathers can walk away from their children and not see them for weeks, months, even years on end.  I have been a complete wreck.  How can any parent stand knowing their child is on this earth and not want to be with them as much as possible?  I am not only talking about my ex, but my girl's ex, my sister's, numerous friend's exes.  These men just go on with their lives as if there are not babies out there that miss them?!!?!?  It's not just men, either.  I know of mothers that have walked on their kids and I simply cannot grasp that mindset.

My girl's grandma is still hanging on...even ate some broth.  She may outlive us all!

This has been a week of ups and downs.  Today, my mom and step dad have to allow their basset hound to make his journey to the rainbow bridge.  Having just done that with my boxer a few months ago I can understand their pain.  Bailey has been a great pooch.  He's lived at least two more years than anyone ever thought he would.  He's survived being hit by a truck (ASSHOLE REDNECK DRIVER), cancer/tumor dealy and numerous other ailments.  We will all miss the old man.

The Rainbow Bridge...For Bailey.

2 comments:

  1. don't get me started on mother's that walk out...

    two more days till you see him!!! told ya you would make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would go nuts without seeing my kiddos for so long!! Glad that he is finally back with you!

    ReplyDelete